Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

A couple weekends ago I had a garage sale to get rid of all my baby "stuff".  Well no luck getting rid of it.  I guess all the Mommy-to-be ladies were busy that day.  So I have a ton of stuff very well organized in my garage now.  I found out about this site a couple days ago.  If you just want to get rid of things you have around your house (for FREE) and want to find someone who really needs it, then visit this site.


The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,864 groups with 7,603,875 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Membership is free, and everything posted must be FREE, legal and appropriate for all ages. 

My neighbor said she posted her grandmother's old rocker several months ago and she said a brand new Daddy (just had his baby that day) came to get the rocker for his wife and new little one.  Also, several times there have been posts by people who want to give a free meal to a family in need.  What a great way to help out your community.

So check it out and see what you can give to someone or what you can get as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment