Saturday, October 9, 2010

Decorating on a Budget

My husband Bob is a teacher and like I said before I work at home part-time.  So needless to say there is not alot of cash flowing around here.  Sure wish we could find one of those money trees, but no luck yet.  Anyways, I love decorating and have a folder full of ideas I tear out of magazines (Pottery Barn is my favorite) for when I have some extra cash to replicate what is shown in the dreamy magazines. 

Well for the Autumn season I have my good staples like wreaths and various pumpkin face holders and such, but I wanted to add to those this year.  Once again those darn kids of mine need warm clothing and coats so I had to find items on the cheap route. 

I was at Meijer today and found a mound of these cute little pumpkins, gourds and harvest corn.  The little pumpkins were $1.50 each, the mini pumpkins and gourds were .69 cents each...talk about cheap.  So my dusty wheels in my head started turning and came up with a few ideas for $10.83.

Here...super easy, just put two next to my picture in the living room:

Put a grouping of three on my kitchen island:


Put a couple on my coat hanger next to the back door:


Put some little pumpkins in a planter where my begonias had become quite sad so I ditched them for these cuties:


And finally a little dude in my candle holder outside where I usually put a candle, but instead of spending $6-$8 I spent $1.50!



So all in all, not much but it does give the house a bit more of the halloween/autumn feel and hey they should last through November too!

No comments:

Post a Comment